ABOVE GROUND STORM SHELTERS
Patrick Allen Companies specializes in above ground storm shelters for Mississippi and Alabama.
STORM SHELTER - Protection from tornadoes and severe weather.
PANIC ROOM - Protection against intruders.
WALK-IN SAFE - Protects valuables against theft.
SIZE WEIGHT CAPACITY
4'x6'x6'3" 2700lbs 8 person
5'x8'x6'3" 3600lbs 13 person
ASK ABOUT OUR CUSTOM OR COMMUNITY SHELTERS
CERTIFICATION & TESTING
Certified and stamped by a Professional Engineer to meet and exceed the requirements set by FEMA 320, 361 and ICC 500 codes.
Tested by Texas Tech Wind Science and Engineering Research Center and passed all requirements to withstand impacts associated with the 250 MPH winds of an EF-5 tornado.
• 1/4” Steel plate walls, roof, and floor.
• Internal structural framing consists of vertical and horizontal 4” “C” channels.
• Door opens to the inside to prevent entrapment.
• Anchoring is equally as important as the structure.
• Anchors are installed every 12” along the inside walls.
• Our customized anchor system matches the exact thickness of your slab and provides maximum protection.
• Primer coated.
• Two coats of high quality industrial white acrylic enamel paint.
• Custom colors available.
• Vault style reinforced door weighs over 300 lbs. with 4” Structural “C” channel framing.
• Three stainless steel 7/8” diameter locking pins with removable handles.
• Three heavy duty barrel hinges w/grease fittings.
• Drill proof and pick proof high security deadbolt.
• Our 5×8 Shelter comes standard with handicap accessible door.
• Three large vents with louvers protect against debris entry.
• Vent locations create a natural air flow with two in the upper back corners and one in the lower portion of the door.
Custom options available along with custom sizes and community shelters.